6.06.2006

What's all the fuss about??

Last night I finished reading The Davinci Code" and I am just wondering what about it has so many people so worked up in a tizzy? I understand what is it is saying about Jesus and religion in relation to history, but come on, it is just a book. A fictional book. I take no more offense with it than I do with the movie "National Treasure". This was a story that took a factual historical situation and created a fictional story about it. The same with the movie "Titanic". Now even if the author of the book was trying to say it is a true story, it is how we, the readers percieve it that matters. I have no thoughts about it being true, I just read a good book that made good use of metaphors, riddles, and suspense. Nothing more. People should stop trying extract meanings that are not there to begin with. I know how my relationship with God is and someones fictional tale about it is not going to change that.
Well, today we go see the surgeon again, most likely to decide Tam's fate. It seems to be coming down to death or amputation. Of course we don't want amputation but that is better than 6 months of the worst pain imaginable followed by death. I have taken a couple of days off to be with her while these tests and decisions are being made. Sometimes there are situations more important than money and this is one of them. Our life is about to be changed forever and we want to make the very best decisions we can.
My daughter will be happy. I was able to retrieve her property from the detention center. She called the other night (it is a very hard thing to earn a phone call, I was very proud of her for being able to do it) and spoke to Tam the whole call. She apologized for some things that she had done. That needed to happen in the healing process of the last several years. I saw her for a couple of hours Sunday and she I beleive she is finally getting it. She is figuring out just how much everyone loves her and what it means when we get to see her. She made a statement that she is going to do whatever she has to do to get her time done and get out. She has a dream of owning her own comsotology business and I am going to do what I can to make it happen. I don't want to put her down for her dreams because they are hers, not mine. I have told her for years to figure out what she likes to do and then learn how to make money at it and she is doing that. She tells me she will get assistance for college and I will do whatever I have to do to help her get that. We have decided not to move from our two bedroom so that Tam's mother can stay close to her daughter. When Jess gets out we will transfer to a three bedroom.
It is less than two weeks before our anniversary and I am planning nice evening just the two of us. Of course it will be at the hospital but I am bringing in a nice dinner and of course some flowers. As part of my employee of the month award I received a $50 gift card to TGIFriday's and I will use that to bring the dinner to her. It may be our last one together so I want it to be the best I can do under the circumstances.

No comments: