8.18.2010

A Wednesday like so many others...

Today was like most days of my life, uneventful, yet fulfilling. I try to find enjoyment in everything I do in life. While my job is just that, a job, by always working to do it better I find fulfillment in the smallest things. Soon I won't even remember this day or its events, however for a short while it was a day to cherish.

The pain in Tammi's lower back has vastly increased over the last several days. She has a slipped disc and I have been pressing her to hound the doctors to continue testing until they find a treatment to ease her pain. Pain medication and muscle relaxers can help her cope, yet they will not fix the problem, only cover it up.

Gabby was such a joy to have over last night. I love her so much, as I love all our grandbabies. She is just adorable, always smiling and eager to play. She has this little thing she does when I sit on the floor where she looks at me, opens her arms and then runs toward me, at the last moment launching herself against me. She does this over and over and it is such a joy to be a part of it.

When I got home tonight Tam told me someone had called for me. It was my old old friend Alan. I have known him for over 20 years, yet have not spoken to him in 8 nor seen him in about 15 years. I returned his call, however I got his voicemail. It would be nice to speak to him again. When I last spoke to him it was right before we went on vacation in 2002 and I told him I would call him back when we returned. I never did. I meant to, however things were going down hill with Jess right then and I just never got back to him. When I later thought about it I was too ashamed for not returning his call and just let it go. One of those things you regret and just move on in life, wishing you could return to that time and change the outcome. Maybe I will get that chance now.

No comments: