1.14.2007

Here are the photos of Tammi's leg (not for the squeamish)

This photo was taken on January 1, 2007 during her second wound change. As you can see, it does not bleed much. If I cut my finger, I will spurt blood everywhere. The wound itself is about 8 inches long and 6 inches deep.The second photo was taken one week later on January 8, 2007. It shows in better detail the extent of the wound and how far she has to go for it to be healed. The doctors are saying it is healing well and looking good. The red, "beefy" look is what you want it to look like. That is what they tell us and what we hope continues. As you can imagine, it is very painful whenever wound change is performed. Tomorrow (Monday) I will be taking a new set of photos that will show just how much she is healing. Today when I looked at her leg it seemed the opening was much smaller.

No comments: