1.10.2007

So much to do....So little time to do it....

Tammi is still in such pain. At left is a picture of her leg the day after surgery. Later I will post a picture of her let with the packing out. It looks like a roast. It is amazing how little it bleeds when they do the wound change. It is about 6 inches deep. It hurts me so much whenever she has wound change as the only thing I can do is hold her hand and count while she breathes in and out. That helps her with the pain. I wish there was more that I could do but that is all I can do at this time. I pray alot as she has such a long ways to go. We found out the reason the surgeon put us off for so long is because he feared of losing her on the operating table. I understand that fear but he should not have put us off for 8 months. This could have been and should have been resolved by now. As it is, she has at least 3 more surgeries to go. The other day I was thinking about my blog here and all that I have put into it. As I was thinking about how long it has been since I have been able to shoot photos and write about the event I am shooting something occurred to me. All the thousands of print photos I already have are stories waiting to be told. I don't know why I am so slow at seeing the obvious, but I am. Anyways, I realized that there is so much that has not yet been written that I have years of material. Because of the memory that the Lord has given me, I have the stories in my head. So, where to start? I don't think I have the patience to organize my photos chronological order and then start writing. Instead, I am just going to pick the first one I find and write what I can remember about it. And as I have done before, once I start writing, the memories will flow and the words will keep coming. Even if no one ever reads or cares what is put here, I feel there is one young boy that will someday be glad I did write it down. My son will turn 9 years old in less than 2 weeks and I have not seen him since he was 14 months old. Someday, whether he wants anything to do with me or not, he will read this and get a sense of who his father is. I have new purpose.

No comments: