4.24.2007

Bittersweet.....

That is how I describe the latest news regarding Tam. Yesterday she was moved to the long-term wing. This is a good thing because it means she will continue to get the care she needs as she recovers and gains strength. But it also means she will not be coming home soon. Of course I want her to get better, I want her to be the best she can be whenever she does come home but at the same time it is saddening. We both feel this way. But we just have to continue to believe that she will heal to the point where she can come home. Right now we have to get her past this pneumonia so that she can proceed with future surgeries. It is strange, she is the strongest she has been in over a year and yet you can tell she is not well. For spurts and short periods she is fine but she tires easily and then she gets to coughing and you know that congestion is there. We are now 3 weeks delayed on future procedures and I do not know how much more time will be needed but I would guess several weeks. The weak cannot fight off infections and sickness like a healthy person can. It is an eye-opening experience. That is why I eat right and exercise, I owe it to her to be the best I can be.

No comments: