2.20.2005

WOW!

What a difference a week makes! This time last week I was wondering where my daughter was and now I am finishing up an absolutely perfect day. I awoke at 5:30am this morrning to some perfect morning coolness. After making coffee I diced up some ham, onion, and jalepeno pepper, sauteed it in some oil and made me a tremendous breakfast wrap. After eating I showered and went off for my Sunday grocery shopping. Bought me a small tabletop fan, some multi-vitamins, alot of fruit (tangerines, lemons, grapefruit and bananas to go along with the 6lbs of onions I bought yesterday), my breakfast and lunch foods and a few treats. The other day I started thinking of the kinds of foods I wanted to eat when the hot months get here and a cold pasta salad came to mind. I believed that I could make a better one cheaper than those boxed salads. Yesterday I had also purchased a pack of chicken thighs (I am very good at deboning them, creating small filets of chicken meat) so as I deboned them I prepared the pasta (68 cents for a box, only needed 1/2 box per salad) along with dicing up some onion. Combined everything along with some mayo and a bit of ranch dressing and dill relish. Into the fridge it went and an hour later I had the best pasta salad, twice the amount for half the price of the boxed kind. For the next 5 hours I played on the net, watched the Daytona 500 and napped. The weather was perfect, cool with pure blue sky. I have been needing a relaxing day like this for quite some time. I think my kid has realized how much she hurt those that love her the most and I also think she realizes we are all tired of the stupid choices she is making and we are not going to help her of do for her if she screws up again. I hope so because I am not going to go through this anymore. I she can't learn from what has already happened she is going to have a tough life and there is nothing I can do to help her. I will not support her if she is just going to be lazy and ignorant. But again, today was about as perfect a day as a person can have and I am grateful for that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything worked out and storry I was so busy I missed it. Keep that gal in line!

Unknown said...

Yeah, she is getting the message now. She knows that was her last chance. Another episode like this and she will be gone until she is 18. I will not be happy but I will do it. It is better to know where she is than not to.