2.04.2005

I have a real problem with people who look down on other people. Example is the way people with a college education believe that people without one are "uneducated". If they could pull their noses down just a bit they might find out that some of us are pretty smart and knowledgeable. Sometimes it is just the twists and turns of life that kept us from attending college, not a lack of desire. Not all smart people get to go to college and not all people with a degree are smart. For all those lonely people who won't date a person lacking that degree, you are cutting yourself so short. I have been working with my new boss for 4 days now and I think I will like working for him. Alot of how he does things is how I have done them in the past. I owe my former boss a tremendous amount of gratitude and will forever be in his debt for giving me a job when I needed one, but this might be a good thing. My new boss is a no-nonsense kind of guy. He does not make things optional, his word is how it is going to be. That is how I learned a shop should be run. I guess it goes all the way back to my Marine Corps days. Things are not optional, you do as your told. It is the only way. Does not mean a boss has to be arrogant or cruel, just that everyone knows who has the final word. In the past four days I have developed quite a rapport with him and he has already entrusted quite a bit of responsibilty with me. He has quickly learned that I am quite knowledgeable in my profession and that I have a firm grasp on how things should be done. I have worked a long time, finally reaching a point where my skills and knowledge equal my wisdom. By the way, today is my birthday and it was a really good day.

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm so glad it was a good day for you.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! I'm glad everything is working out with the job!

Unknown said...

Thank for the birthday wishes. It was a good day to become a year older.