5.19.2007

I bought some gasoline for my van a few days ago and did something for the first time in my life. I paid more than $3 per gallon for it. I know it has been above that price in other parts of the country before, and much higher than that for many years in other countries, but this is Texas, the heart of oil in this country. I have to move closer to work and get me a vehicle that achieves much better fuel economy. If I had my way, I would change jobs, live and work along the electric train in Dallas and only drive my van on weekends when I left the city. Hey, isn't that what they do in New York? Maybe they are on to something there after all. Just cannot make enough money in the smaller cities that are not attached to a major metroplex and I cannot afford to purchase a car right now. That is no one's fault but my own because of the choices I have made in life, but it is what it is.

No comments: