10.02.2004

New Directions - How to Get What You Really Want

Part of your plan, before the goals, is to eliminate any toxic or draining person, activity, commitment or prior goal that is no longer working. No need to do anything that no longer serves you. This just creates resentment and will affect your entire life.

For about a month, try asking yourself, "Is this what I really want to do?" As the responses come, you will see what and who has been depleting your energy. Take care of yourself, first. Be totally responsible for what happens in your life that you touch, contact or handle.

Another guide to goals; keep them SMART. Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and True. If you want a car, make sure that goal says "Platinum, 1999, 750i BMW car," not "I want a BMW." You may wind up with a motorcycle! Measurable; how will you know it when you get it? Attainable; is it at all possible? Goals should be at the outer edge, not out of reach. Realistic and true for you, not anyone else. This is your life.


This sounds like a good way to move forward. Over the next month or so I am going to post what it is I want to accomplish, both in the near term and the far. It takes time to achieve goals and I have put myself 20 years behind so I have to be careful for what I want and be realistic in what I can accomplish.

No comments: