5.25.2004

Being strong....

I was having a conversation with God the other day (ok, I was praying for some guidence) when I said something to him, and I was answered. I stated that I would like someone in my life that is strong enough to stand beside me when it comes to raising my daughter, because it takes a strong person to deal with my girl. That is just the way it is. To be with me is to be strong. And it suddenly occured to me how can I ask for a stong person to be part of my life if I can't be strong enough to face my son's mother and be in his life? So I decided right then and there that I would contact her and become part of his life. Today I fulfilled the first step in that process by mailing a letter to Dawn saying just that. I am no longer afraid of her or anyone else for that matter. I want to see my son grow up and be part of his life. I have no ill feelings towards her, I just want to co-operate with her in doing this in a positive way. We shall see, but it is time for me to grow up.

No comments: