5.01.2004

"Begin each day asking: What can I do today to make my life better?" Work was pretty good today. Smooth, not too much drama, and no headaches. Just the way I like it. I talked to Bruce (my boss) and told him I wanted something. I want to become an Assistant manager. Well, really my goal is to be a manager but that is down the road. I am looked up to by my peers as someone in an authority position already. My new manager, Donnie, talks to me about different things in running the shop and I feel I have so much more to offer than what I am doing right now. We shall see, but it is the next step in my growth. Never before have I had the confidence to undertake such tasks. But all of that has changed. I was talking to a guy today, he is training to be a service advisor. He was a salesman for new cars for 12 years. He mentioned how he made $79,000 last year. While that is a commission job, he knows he can sell cars. he knows he can do the job. See, I have never had enough confidence in myself to put myself in a job position where I did not know what I was going to be making. But after talking to him combined with my chat with Jeremy a few months ago I have come to realize it is all about confidence. Jeremy is 24 years old and when he was 22 or so he made $40.000 selling electronics for Fry's. He told me he KNOWS he can sell. It is all about confidence. after my journey of the last 6 months along with talking to people like Jeremy and Keith, I have come to the decision that if I cannot get what I want from here I will go somewheres and be an advisor. I don't want to work the long hours but I will because I have enough skill and knowledge to make that kind of money. And because I know I can do it, I won't be stressed about worrying about my job like I used to be. This all started by going to rc and DOING IT. found a job and was making it until "it" happened. but you know what? that has turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. I am such a different person now. It is amazing what you can accomplish when you put your mind to it!! My life may have taken a sudden turn, but sometimes they turn out to be the best turns you can take.

No comments: