11.18.2003

Today's interview

"Do whatever it takes to to be happy, for it is hard to know what life will bring you." Well, just returned from my interview this morning, and I must say I don't think I have ever done a better one in my life. The woman that interviewed me had two other women come in and sit in on it also. They would be the personel that I would be replacing. I was awesome! I had 30 minutes to sell myself on why I would be the right person for the job, and I truly feel I did that. This was not a matter of my skills, they could see by my resume that I have that, but rather what I could bring to the job. I told them upfront, it is my desire to always get better, to work harder to be the best I can be. That is me, even though some people in my life have doubted that. I also touched a nerve with them when I was asked my greatest accomplishment and I responded by telling them about raising my daughter from 6 months to age 10 yrs on my own. Nothing will ever top that, not even somehow winning Tam's heart back. As much as I love her, taking responsibility and raising Jess is the tops. But since that period is over, what is the 2nd best thing I can accomplish? Winning Tam's heart back. And if I am not able to accomplish that, I will just be satisfied with being the best human and man I can be. I was once told there are no problems or failures, only opportunities. Well, I am going to look at the events of the past 7 years, all of them, as an opportunity to exit my 30's and enter my 40's with a newfound knowledge and respect for myself as a person, and for others as well. I have made so many mistakes and so many things have just not gone as I would have liked them to, but I will learn from all of this. I will be strong and stand up for what I believe, and lastly, I will attempt to have enough strength for those I care so deeply about, to carry them when they are not strong, to show the way. I have never felt like I was a leader, but for some reason, that has changed, I feel as though I am a leader. Not just with words, but with actions. The only way I know to lead right now is by doing what is right. Find a job (maybe done), live a smart and healthy life, lend support to my daughter who is having such a rough time right now, and lastly but most importantly, show my wife that I am the man she married, and I have the strength to be patient for her to figure this all out.

No comments: