1.26.2004

Today...

"Do whatever it takes to be happy, for it is hard to know what life will bring you." was a pretty good day. went downtown to get a copy of my divorce decree (marriage to dawn) and because i was downtown, to walk around and shoot pics (yahoo-photos). it was really cool, i used all of my little "toys". at the court house i used my pda to look up my case number, carried my stuff in the backpack mom & dad had given me for christmas, listened to the cd player they bought me in november and shot over 100 pictures with my camera. and everything worked just as i had imagined it. oh, and i kept warm wearing my new light-weight parka. i shot alot of pics of the old red courthouse, the bankofamerica tower, and of dealey plaza where kennedy was shot. all in all i had a great time. on the south side of the bank of america tower was a red sculpture. none of the pictures have been edited so they are not the best of shots. but for a beginning into this life, they will do. I have come to the conclusion that with bills to pay off, child support to get straightened out, and rent to save for, I will be shooting for a September 1st date to move into my own place. This also means I will not be able to return to RC for a couple of years to get my things. Way it goes. I will save $50 a month and pay $50 a month for the storage unit up there. $50 a month x 24 months will equal $1200, which is what I will need to get up there and get the stuff. Time will pass quickly. Yesterday was the 25th, which means it has been exactly 3 months since I left RC on that miserable bus ride. 3 months to think about what went right and what went wrong. 3 months to cry, to hope, to rise from the ashes of broken dreams with new hopes and dreams about what I want and where I want to go. 3 months to grow strong, to find myself, to renew my faith in God, in myself, and in the human spirit. I have survived this and am a better, more complete man for it. Whatever the reason God had for me to go through this, it has been for a good reason. I have a new closeness with my parents, I no longer dislike Shania Twain or her music (I have grown up) and I am content with my work, my friends, and my life. Living here at my parents place is a struggle, but then when is life not a struggle? When is there not challenges that have to be met and dealt with, instead of running from them? Everyday there are challenges to overcome, choices to be made, problems turned into opportunities. I will miss the life I once had, but I embrace the life that is yet to come my way, each and every day.

No comments: