1.14.2004

Today's Events...

"Do whatever it takes to be happy, for it is hard to know what life will bring you." 1.14.2004 12:01 p.m. Just could not get back to sleep this morning so went ahead and got up right after mom and dad left. Right now I don't feel too tired, but this dang cold is kicking my but. I have been fighting it for 2 weeks and I am getting tired of it. Bethany called last night at 10:30 pm and we talked for 45 minutes or so. She and her guy are working it out and taking it slow. We most likely will not get together on Sunday, she is going out Saturday night with the girls, besides there is football to watch Sunday. She suggested we get together on Monday for breakfast again and I told her that would be fine. Monday's are still depressing for me so it will be fun to get out and do something for awhile. But I do need to get my chores done this weekend, I have been slacking off far too long on Dad's slacks. I will get some done tonight without fail. The new camera is awesome and I am looking forward to using it every chance I get. Even though I got the backpack for it, I think I will also purchase a small inexpensive camera case for it. 1:33 p.m. Kris has been going around to everyone at work giving this little test that determines some of a persons personality traits. It really is fairly accurate. I came out to be someone that has few friends but the ones I do have I am very loyal to and expect that loyalty in return. I am someone that takes a long time to recover when my loyalty is broken. And I agree with that. 4:25 p.m. Ok, I am done. Spent $60 last night on a 128mb memory card for my new camera and then today I spent another $54 on a 10 pack of nickel metal-hydride rechargeble batteries, a battery charger, and an adapter for the camera. I wanted to get a card reader, but that was $25 and with the adapter, I won't be using battery power when I upload to the pc or shoot indoors, so it will take the place of the card reader. Besides, it is probably best to wait until I have my own notebook and apartment before I worry about a card reader. But you know, get it while I can because it is hard to know what tomorrow will bring. Whatever it takes to be happy and content with life. Something is going on here at work. The dude that is 2nd in charge of the whole company is here going over pay plans with all the service and parts managers, some are worried that we may be having a change of management. I hope not. If I had wanted to start over again with a new manager, I would have stayed at Bankston a year and a half ago. Oh well, roll with the punches and get up running, that's what I am doing. Not much else happening right now, the day has been slow. 6:40 p.m. Tonight Don Davis Nissan is having some type of open house for the service dept. where customers can come and see new vehicles and have questions answered by the service advisors. No one has told me I have to attend and I certainly don't want to. It is supposed to end at 8:00 p.m., but I was informed it usually runs to 9 or 9:30. I did eat the bbq that was catered in, but I see no reason for me to stay. I am going to try to quietly slip out when 7:00 p.m. arrives. I have other things to do and I don't get paid the big bucks anymore to partake of these kinds of events.

No comments: