3.28.2004

"Live today to it's fullest, for tomorrow may never come" I was talking with mom and dad this evening and I have decided what I want to do with my life, mostly after jess is grown and my child support for ryan has ended. I want to live somewheres (duh!) for between 1 and 2 years, working as walmart greeter or dealership porter, making enough money to pay rent and save a little. And then move to someplace else, see someplace new. Since I was a kid I have always wanted to see everything, do everything. Well, everything may not be possible, but I do want to see and experience as much as I can. I want to live in New York City, to experience it. I want to live in Florida and Northern California or Oregon. I want to live in Alaska. I would do it now if it wasn't for Jess. I want to live simply and shoot tons of photos and write about what I have done and seen. This will be my legacy for my family's descendents. It will be my immortality. I want to own a sport utility or a van with a small trailer (picture a small, enclosed U-Haul trailer) and what doesn't fit in these doesn't go with me. Furniture is easy to replace, I can go to a thrift store and buy a sofa and a table or two for my tv and equipment. The only furniture I would keep with me is my Grandmothers bedroom set. By the time I am able to do this, high speed internet will be as commonplace as cable tv is now and probably cheaper. I have never needed alot for my personal happiness, mostly just the ability to explore the world, see all I can. Everything I do from hear forward is going to be geared towards doing that. I know I will have grandchildren someday, and I will love them and want to see them as much as possible. But I also think doing things this way, I can be there for them too. As I said with the internet being everywheres all the time, I can keep in touch, not just on the phone, but by video chat and I can send pictures and presents from the places I live. And I may make it a yearly thing that when I get ready to move somewheres else I go and visit the grandkids for a couple of weeks before I move on to the next place. I don't know the numbers, but quite a number of grandkids do not grow up close to their grandparents. I grew up far from my grandparents, but I remember spending many summers visiting them. Who knows, maybe I will work it so that I never move in the summer time so that my grandkids can come and visit me for a week or two. There are many ways to accomplish these things. Maybe to some I don't sound like I have great aspirations, but no matter what we aquire in life, we cannot take it with us once our time on earth ends. I don't need to own alot of material things, I just want alot of lifes experiences. What I do need is my camera, a computer or two, and not much else. If somewheres, sometime I meet a woman that thinks she would enjoy this kind of nomadic life, great, if not well, I will be happy anyways.

No comments: