6.15.2004

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....

Good news: the assistant manager, who also doubles as the warranty administrator came to my office today and discussed with me about taking over her warranty admin duties. Along with the added work would be some quite welcome added pay, so I was very much in favor of this. Since I am covering for a cashier that is on vacation this week, we will start on refreshing my memory next week. It has been 2 years since I did any warranty submissions but I feel it will come back to me fairly quickly. Also, another good thing is we got the a/c fixed today. Hooray!
Ok, now for the bad: I finally worked up the nerve to call my son's mother last night about getting the visitation going but all I got was an answering machine. Called her work number (these phone numbers are 1 1/2 yrs old, didn't know if they would work or not) today, but the guy that answered said she was on vacation (she always takes vacation in June with her parents) so I will try again next Monday.
The ugly: Tomorrow is my anniversary with Tammi and I have not seen her in almost 8 months. Needless to say, because of how I feel about her and that what I want is not what she wants, what should have been a joyous day will be a sad one. :( I do hope she is happy in her life. I am getting happy. Things are looking up. God as answered many of my prayers and the ones not answered I feel have been and I can't see it yet, or they will be in the future. I have to maintain my faith and keep striving to improve myself. It has not been an easy road, but then anything worthwhile has sacrifices that go along with it. If I indeed get the warranty admin position I will be set for life in the manner that I can go anywheres and get a job, not just in the auto industry but in many other places where warranty claims must be coded and submitted. I will know that I can start to prepare for that final part of my life that, for me, will begin at age 55 (if I am fortunate to live beyond that, there are no guarantees in life)

No comments: