12.31.2003

Lost a friend...

"Do whatever it takes to be happy, for it is hard to know what life will bring you." Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead." This is how I am approaching life now. My good friend critter died today. to some he was just a cat. but to me he was my friend and more than just my friend. in a dark and lonely time of my life, he was my only friend. he never tired of listening to me, he never stopped loving me, he always came and sat in my lap, soothing me as i hurt inside. and when i returned to texas, again entering a dark time, he once again cheered me up. he listened again, he loved me as if i had never left. he may have just been a cat to some, but i will forever cherish the final 2 months i had with him. he was more than a cat to me, he was a friend.

No comments: